Monday, August 23, 2004

Pizza, Lettuce or Chicken?

We had alot of family visit last week..Thursday thru Tuesday. And now we are being investigated by the health dept. We all got together for dinner on Thursday..had lunch together on Friday, then dinner Saturday night and Sunday night..several familys stayed at 3 of our houses here in town. A few people from each house got sick Sunday night and Monday ..tummy pains..visits to the bathroom..the whole deal. Some only had tummy pains..well when they got back home a few states away on Tuesday..one of my cousins was still seriously ill..He went to the ER on Wednesday with blood in his poop...(gross I know) they sent him home with antibiotics. Well then he went back a day or so later...even worse..he has now been in the hospital for 3-4 days..not getting better. My cousins daughter who is 4..was also admitted for a few days..she had blood in her poo too..she is now home. they dont know what it is, because they had antibiotics in their systems its making the cultures hard to grow. My cousin, is getting really really worse..My sister finally called her Dr, because she is still sick..not as severe..but ill. He said he was calling the health dept. So now she has been on the phone all day with them..and I was IMing her all the answers she is asking me as well, getting ages, addresses..the whole deal .They seem really interested about this..and are hoping we can find the cause. So far, its looking like the pizza, the lettuce or the chicken. Most likely E coli..and my cousin is having some major complications from it. I gave my aunt all the info we got and I found alot of info on the internet that I think could be going on with him. I found that antibiotics could make ecoli victims worse(I should be a Dr..I have a degree in Internet google medical searches, why dont Drs use the internet? Hell-oh?) ..I just hope they look into it.. I will keep you posted on this one..We welcome all prayers for him, his name is Dustin..

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP