Wednesday, September 01, 2004

2 year old little girl, up for sale...

Ever have one of those days? Where you are willing to sell your child to the highest bidder? I know her grandparents would buy her and then sell her back to me when I asked..but goodness, could she be any more "2"!? Yesterday she was into everything and anything. I love her personality so much, but some days, I can only handle so much. She is a smart girl, friendly, full of love, sweetness, creativity, but alot of fire. Some days I wonder where it all came from..oh wait thats right, me.. my parents say she is just like I was when I was her age...scary. I feel SO BAD for my parents. haha No wonder I spent alot of time with my dad in the truck while my mom and sister ate dinner in the resturant, or shopped in the store. That alternative looks better and better when we go out as a family. Today at football practice, she was openly playing with other childrens parents, coloring in their books, and on them. Screaming and fighting with her cousin, as if it was their job to help her get her way. She was eating other peoples food, getting in the 3-point stance next to the boys. Playing ring around the goal post. Petting the bull dog, weiner dog, and lab. Eating a PB& J sandwich nicely covered in grass and dirt. Putting a orange cone on her head, putting the first aid kit where she felt was a better place. I tell ya..you name it, she did it. As it was time to go, and we were strolling down the hill, we were talking..and I noticed the stroller getting a little lighter and it was slowing down.. well that would be me, running over my child as she crawled out of the front seat. So we let her walk the rest of the way to the car..and she proceeded to climb on a bumper of a truck, to climb in the back with the other kids..she is part monkey you know. Through all this..I can only smile when I want to scream and pull my hair out. She may be part monkey, but she is 100% miracle. Its this personality that got her through the first 3 months of her life. Gotta love her :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful uplifting post. It brought tears to my eyes. I can feel the real crazyness that is motherhood written all thru your post. your probably half bald right now. But what is different about your post then MOST people I know that gripe about their kids is, you know your aloud to gripe but you also know what a gem you have. I don't wish that knowledge on anyone if it is gotten to the way you had to. Ignorance is Bliss is sort of fitting here. But since you KNOW how special your baby is it makes it even more special to read about her thrilling you the way she is meant to. Just wait till she is 3. She will already think she is all grown up so soon. Hang on to each monkey minute and write about it often. She will love it. Hugs to you. Deb. The one that has been reading from the start. Angeltabitha55 AT msn DOT com

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP