Saturday, September 11, 2004

When the world stood still...

3 years ago today, the world stood still as we watched an act of terrorism on Americas soil. Do you remember where you were that day? I was on my way to my sisters house that morning to watch her kids. I was her nanny. I woke her up and turned on her tv. We sat on her bed watching as the 2nd plane hit and as they collapsed, we watched all day. For weeks all I did was watch the news. I was numb, in shock and terrified. All the patriotism was amazing..the flags on every car, flags on buildings, windows, houses...we had gone to a candlelight vigil at the waterfront near the capital building. It was so unreal..it was an amazing feeling of community, a sense of passion for America, something that was lacking. I wish the passion lasted longer, it was like as soon as the flags started fading on the cars, so did the patriotism. Our lives whether we were directly affected or not, are forever changed. I send many prayers to the families and friends of the victims and the heroes. We will always remember.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP