Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Beware of bad Beech-Nuts

Let me start off with saying, that I am a horrible mother. I can't believe I fed my child rancid baby food. I plop down on the floor and began to feed Easton some Vanilla Custard Pudding with Apples. I was excited because this was the first time for him to try this kind. OK, so maybe I was really excited because this one tastes really good and I couldn't wait to eat some. So I opened it and I heard the all familar "POP" as I twisted it open. I smelled it, why? I don't know. I just did. It didn't smell particuarly good..but I didn't think anything of it. I sat down next to him and began feeding it to him. He made a funny look with the first bite. I figured..eh. New flavor. I gave him a second bite, he didn't seem to care. So I went on to give him a few more bites. The smell just kept bugging me, so I smelled it a few more times. I decided..I need to taste this. And OH MY! It was sour!!!! just like sour milk! I could NOT believe I was feeding it to him even if it smelled funny. I can't believe he was trusting enough to continue to accept spoonfuls, he should have said.."gee mom this food SUCKS! I don't want to eat this!" I should have tasted it immediately or not given it to him at all if it was making me have second thoughts. I feel so bad. So I got up put it on the counter and got him a jar of Peaches n Bananas. He was much happier. So guess who got an email from me? Yup. Beech-Nut. We will see what they have to say about racid baby food! BLECH. So its my turn to step up for the worst mommy award.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP