Wednesday, December 29, 2004

New thoughts...

So, I finally realized why sometimes my kids wake up at 8:00am. Or even as early as 7:45am! (ya I am sure a few of you out there are screaming "what?? They get up that late...!!" mine are up at 6 or 7!which I am sorry for you) but my kids like sleep. And I like it. I am not a morning person and hope never to become one. I think they know that and choose to wake up later for me. I was worried Easton would be my early bird, but he too is following his big sister and sleeping late.

But sometimes on the weekends, like this last Sunday, we skipped church and no one in the house got up until 11:45 am. Almost noon people! You know how nice it was? ohh to sleep in like I use to! I was a little paniced since, they were all sleeping. But all was fine. We all needed some extra sleep after Christmas. There are other days that they don't wake til 9, 9:30. Sometimes Haley sleeps til 11am. Its nice.

To my point and my new thought and now I know why my kids wake up so early. Its their father. He leaves for work at 8:30...his alarm goes off at 7:15am, 7:20, 7:25 and so on till he decides to wake up and get ready. If you have ever heard his alarm, You would want to hit him with something really hard to wake him up instead of listening to his stupid alarm one more time! Once up, he takes a shower, gets dressed, gathers his things, like he is the only person home and is so incrediably loud that I have trouble even sleeping once he is up. As soon as he slams the door to go to work, slowly within minutes, each child is awake. Hummm..I see a connection. Today he is home from work. He is off the next 3 days. Today we got up at 10am.

Now on, the alarm is going in the garbage.

2 comments:

Mrs. Flinger said...

OMG, that sounds like MY husband! Except, a few times I've thrusted LB into his arms before work after he woke her up.

That REALLY helped. :-)

Erin said...

Sounds familiar here too... :\

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP